Lindfield Arts Festival is delighted to announce five key activities for the benefit of families and children, especially those with special educational needs, people with physical difficulties and multiple disabilities.
- Can control graffiti workshop 10.30-11.30am and 2.30-3.30pm
- Young participants will be schooled in the whole creative process of Graffiti art and have the opportunity to spray paint by themselves. If they wish, their completed artwork will be entered into a competition, awards given in age categories.
- These workshops will aim to build self-esteem and encourage self-expression, build concentration and offer participants a positive alternative to their aspirations.
- The cost of this workshop is £10 per person. However we have secured some funding for early registrations to make this accessible and inclusive. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Circus shows and workshops at different times during the day between 10.00am â€“ 5.00pm
- There are many benefits with regards to educational and physical benefits to circus activities, or community socialising aspects.
- The circus activities are extremely beneficial for children and adults of all abilities, especially children with behaviour problems and disabilities as they cover such a wide range of physical and mental skills. It brings children and adults together on a common ground and is amazing for aiding concentration and motor skills.
- Entertainment wise it’s fantastic for drawing crowds and gets a real community feel as everyone plays and tries out new skills together, with that real satisfaction feeling as a new skill is mastered.
- The tightrope is specially made to both help the participants that find it more difficult as it covers a shorter space of rope, as well as being more challenging for people who are adept at balance as our instructor leads mid rope stops and shapes.
- Discover and Be workshop for children from 6 months to 4 year olds 4.30-5.30pm
- A multi-sensory play session packed with creative, hands-on learning experiences, music and movement, imaginative and expressive messy play
- The Book Activist is bringing individual story telling sessions, author talks and creative writing workshops for children of all ages from 10.00am â€“ 5.00pm
- The benefits and importance of reading have never been more evident. The Book Activist aims to inspire, inform and engage children to encourage their development as independent and confident readers, who love reading for pleasure.
- There are also some new and different dance workshops, namely popsteps, swoove mini and baby ballet
- These workshops are great for coordination, movement and musicality as well as building learning new skills and having fun.
Registration for these events and activities is through the website, www.lindfieldartsfestival.com/events and booking will open on 1st August 2016. Some of the activities have restricted numbers so early registration is advised.
In addition to the above activities, there will be performances, drama, music concerts including choirs, bands and singers, literary recitals, classic cars and of course, art, crafts and photography to see all day. You can be completely entertained as Lindfield High Street will be closed to traffic all day.