As of the 1st January Clarkes Office Supplies merged their family group business with another family business called Clares Office Supplies, who use the same Banner Truline network.
The two families have been doing business together for the past 25 years but have now decided to formalise the relationship. The reason for the merger is to take advantage of changes happenening in the market place. The national contract stationers such as Office Team, Office Depot and Lyreco have been giving inconsistent pricing and have not been providing best service. We are being approached by more and more companies to provide honest office solutions without the hard sell.
The total group will have sales revenue in excess of £30m which by far makes us the largest independent stationer in the UK. This helps us to keep prices low and remove duplicated costs from our supply chain.
So the decision was made to split the retail group and commercial group and put clear focus on expanding both. Kiren Patel will head up the retail Clarkes Lorimers Group as MD and Steve Clare will head up the Clarkes/Clares Office Solutions group as he already runs the NHS office supplies contracts.
There is little change for the customer:
- Lucy Pond is still based in Haywards Heath looking after local and national customers. She can be contacted on 01444 455026 or Lpond@clares.co.uk.
- The catalogue and web codes are the same
- Same driver and logistics
- Same web ordering platform – please visit clares.co.uk
And there are major benefits for the customer:
- Minimum order is 1p instead of £25
- Free nationwide next day delivery on orders over £30 (previously £50)
- £2.95 delivery charge on orders under £30 (previously £3.95)
- dedicated customer service team available on tel: 0845 68 68 000 email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Sarah, Sonya, Katie, Jacqui & Emma)
We wish all HHDBA members and Clarkes Office Supplies customers a very happy new year!